Who uses your data
The Kirkstall Valley Community Association will use your personal information as part of their work.
We will not share or disclose your information with any other organisation other than law enforcement agencies if so required to by law.
Why and how we use your data
We collect your data so that we can:
- Maintain a list of Members, subscribers to Kirkstall Matters and subscribers to Kirkstall Online.
- Communicate with the above groups through email and/or post according to your preference.
- KVCA members and subscribers can be contacted about matters relating to the organisation of meetings, setting agendas and notifications relating to the work of the
- We can contact you for user research and seeking input and opinions about matters relating to Kirkstall and issues affecting the Kirkstall area.
- Maintain lists of stall holders, caterers, entertainer and volunteers involved in Kirkstall Festival and other events the KVCA may organise in order to communicate with them about the events.
We do not use your data for marketing purposes.
The categories of data we collect
Some of the data we collect is defined as personal data under the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and other data protection laws. We only collect this information where you have given your information willingly.
The Personal Data we collect about you
We collect personal data about you that allows us to identify you. Your personal data includes:
- Your name
- Your contact details including addresses and telephone numbers
- Email address
- Your attendance at meetings and in minutes of meetings
- Correspondence to the Kirkstall Valley Community Association
- Photographs and videos relating to the work of the KVCA and used on websites, social media and promotional activity for the KVCA
- Your contact preferences
- If you leave comments we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you upload images to the websites, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your data only for as long as it is required for the purposes noted above, after which it is securely destroyed.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing or storing of your data. If you withdraw the right for KVCA to process or store your data it is possible your membership of the association will be revoked as the association can no longer contact you.
Where we store your data:
Any data you provide will be stored on our hosting providers servers located in the UK and/or held by authorised offices of the KVCA.
Security of your data
The KVCA take appropriate technical and organisation measures to ensure your data is protected at all times.
Requesting access to your data
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries & Complaints
You can lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or raise a query at any time by contacting the KVCA at email@example.com
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you think there is a problem with how we are handling your data.
KVCA Cookies Policy